Release Day Launch + Blog Tour: April Fools - Karli Perrin

Thursday, December 12, 2013


April Fools (April #2) - Karli Perrin
Love. Hate. Fear. Fate.
All four letter words.
All consuming. 
Naked to the eye, they have the power to control the heart and destroy the soul.
April Adams is about to experience them like never before. 
When everything in April's life goes up in smoke, she is faced with some life changing decisions.
Join April as she continues her journey of love and loss.





Purchase Links:
Amazon US     |     Amazon UK     |     Smashwords


My Thoughts:
Questions were starting to be answered.
Isaac and April’s trust were put to the test.
Can April understand what Isaac was doing?
Can Isaac let April trust him without a shadow of doubt?

The story picked up where it left. And yes, I was now sure that it was dear Lukas who suffered the burns and scars of the fire. The author, Karli, loved throwing curveballs along the way, what happened at April Showers (the fire, Isaac and Lukas) were turning points for April to acknowledged that she loved Isaac, that she and Lukas were better off friends and that everything happened for a reason and anything was beyond coincidence.

Isaac was April’s life-support at those bleak first chapters — when April was sucked by the shock. I suddenly remembered Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder, the void, confused, blame game and what ifs feelings during those unexpected events. I was glad and thankful that Isaac was there for April, along the way – even if April was not herself. During these moments, April also considered to weigh everything – her feelings for Isaac and of course, Lukas. There were never anybody else aside from Isaac yet the feelings April had for Lukas was real but not enough. No one surpassed the feelings she had for Isaac; she just needed some proof or anything so she could go all-in with Isaac. There was one thing she needed to do: forgave Lukas. April deemed fit to forgave Lukas, they forgave each other and were back to being friends. They could never go back to being best friends but Lukas would always be a part of April’s life. At least they took the path to being friends again; I applaud April for that. April needed that closure with Lukas so she would be better and have no regrets to move forward. What happened already happened – they could not change anything, they could only accept, forgive and learn from it. Then moved on.

Aside from the blatant humor and the drooling over Isaac, this book showed Isaac’s love. To be honest, to compare would be wrong but I felt Isaac’s true love for April. April, of course loved Isaac ten-fold but this relationship was another level; and lingering doubts were crowding over her. Their romance was not sickeningly sweet and not that all good. Let’s just say that April had those doubts in the form of, Abbie. Unfortunately, Abbie was still there, creating and created some b*tchy things that really putted April’s trust on Isaac on the line. The trust issues started some arguments and misunderstandings in their relationship – which was good because that was normal, right? Nevertheless, Isaac and April really loved each other and this sequel just proved it. Showed it, countless times.

Every chapter was connected, so it would be hard to pause on reading because it was just that continuous. I would point out that April was being jealous, with a reason. I meant, Isaac was not trying to explain anything to April. What was a girl supposed to do? Of course, jumped into conclusions and be paranoid. The guy must prove that he was looking after his girl. So what did Isaac had done? Made April swoon. Isaac was such a romantic and he opened up to April more. Super kudos to the diary idea! Plus, Isaac was not able to keep his hands off April! Let’s just say that Isaac had a hidden kinkiness side: Chocolate tube *insert wink*.

So moving on, not all was lost at April. When Lukas was recovering, so did she. I was giddy that April never lost her sarcasms, humor and of course, innuendoes! Wait, any Team Isaac out there?! I think this would definitely be your shirt:
“Highly addictive.
Take in small doses.
Causes high blood pressure.”
Did I get a Yay from the ladies there? I loved that moment where April uttered those. Well, thought, really. As much as I had loved Isaac, I moved to another hottie. Do not dare call me a traitor, but c’mon, the other guy was BROODING with hotness (I was trying to make a pun, which was obviously a fail). I would tell you about the other hottie later on.

So, I needed to include my favorite character: I loved Katie from April Showers and here at April Fools, she made me loved her even more. I really enjoyed her, super! She was still really mental and her twistedly perverted mind was always something worth having a great laugh about! As much as I would like to rant about her outrageously crazy personality, I would hold back; I would let you enjoy her character yourselves.

Oh! I did mention a particularly one-to-lookout-for guy, right? He was related to April. Which I must say was just the right person to drool over after knowing Isaac was very much taken. This guy was very close to April because he was April’s *drum roll* big brother, Brody! Isaac had the luck to meet him before Lukas, wherein Isaac was casually smooth and very suave. Isaac and Brody’s meeting was such a smooth-sailing. I was looking forward to a more overprotective brother mode or anything like a testosterone match; but it was okay. Brody was very supportive because he knew that Isaac and April: a pretty much a done deal – they were it for each other.

I loved Isaac, don’t get me wrong but I was more into: biker, 6’3”, black hair, green eyes, in a band, tats, closet alpha, faux Aussie accent. With the name, as I mentioned earlier: BRODY! To say I enjoyed him as himself would not be enough because even if he was to swoon over, he was not taken but he was sort of. I hope you got what I meant. He was like for Lucy! I loved Lucy and Brody! Don’t be shocked, the sexual tension was there waiting to explode! It was very palpable! OH MY HEART! Oh dear, I have a sub-couple flailing alert! Okay, the couple: BRODY AND LUCY. BROCY! (Yes, I made a fandom name for them). A rock star and the lovely girly-girl-slash-Ms.-Goody-Two-Shoes! Oh my… I was looking forward to these two. I was still on the Isaac-April love team but I have a weakness about a good girl and a bad-player boy. And there was this instant connection! OH MY GOSH! PERFECT SONG: I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE by Taylor Swift! Eeeek~! *I was hoping that Karli would make a story or book or novella, okay, just ANYTHING about them!* I wanted them to have their (own) freaking epilogue! That necklace! *flail mode* Oh another thing *insert laughing* Katie made a t-shirt for April and I wanted one too! But I was (and still am) Team Lucy and Team Brody! I was thinking of a shirt with a caption like or says that:
“Me caveman, me need protein”
Or
“I’ll show you what you need later on.”
Or both.
*MEGA FLAIL* TEAM BROCY!

Before the overwhelming desire to continuously drown you more with my utter (un)adulterated bias of Brocy (yes, I am still having flutters on my stomach), I would rant about the parts I loved about the series (I tried to limit it though): I loved it whenever Isaac really looks into April’s eyes; like his world only revolved around April. Aside from the sarcasm and double entendre that I loved so much, their humor even before s*x was fun, which I knew was an understatement because it was more than that! The story and the characters grew and progressed, April had become more comfortable with Isaac, to the point that she was even competitive with him – stripping and initiating. These ‘loving’ were not explicit, the author only showed the foreplay and afterglow, yet it were still satisfying because you could feel the passion and desire from Isaac and April. Then they, April and Isaac, also showed that honesty and trust with communication strengthened their relationship. April misunderstood at some point but when she let Isaac had his piece, it clicked at the right places. Isaac was grumpy for a reason; he did not want April to be involved. A lot more to be mentioned but the thing was, after all the hindrance, they still ended up together. Like what April said:
“I knew from that moment on that everything was going to be okay.”

Lastly, since this would be the last official time I have to flail over Isaac and April, because sadly, this was really the end of it, the author, Karli, gave them the well-deserved ending – the graduation and the looking forward. The friendship and relationships that went through different obstacles, I would miss all their antics and those unabridged love. Then what Isaac did was sort of cheesy but I loved it so much! Isaac kept his promise from Book 1 – that image of him at the mixer was still etched on my mind and it was as if it was just recently when I read April Showers and read what he uttered at the mixer before he left April there. Isaac had done great with the sweetness level amped up because of the diary entries. I, myself, was sort of shocked (because I had the gut feeling it would happen) but Isaac proved it was real and it was perfect! As I end this, I would borrow Katie’s words:
“I’d keep this one if I were you.”
Oh Katie, April did. She would be a fool not to.


Rating: 4.5 out of 5.


Author Bio:
Karli Perrin is a 25 year old English Language & Linguistics graduate from Manchester. She has always been a big lover of books and is currently writing her first NA novel - April Showers. 

She is a big believer of fate and is a sucker for a happy ending. She honestly believes that there is a reason why you are reading this right now (apart from the fact that you are awesome!)
Her ultimate goal in life is to live in a house made entirely out of books with her best friend, who also happens to be her fiancé.
...Hogwarts is plan B.

Author Links:
Goodreads      |     Twitter     |     Blog     |     Facebook


-      Jassie

0 sprinkled sunshines:

Post a Comment

I wouldn't mind any sprinkled sunshines :)
Feel free to comment! :D